Banned and disqualified
The Banned & Disqualified search provides information about persons who have been:
- disqualified from involvement in the management of a corporation or
- banned from practicing in the financial services or credit industry.
Information provided in this search is taken from the following registers:
- disqualified persons
- banned securities representatives
- banned futures representatives
- Australian financial services banned/disqualified persons, and
- credit banned/disqualified persons
You can perform a Banned & Disqualified search in three ways, by using:
- the ASIC Connect search banner - Select the 'Banned & Disqualified' option from the 'Search ASIC registers' drop down menu located at the top of the page, or
- the 'Search company and other registers' page - Select the 'Banned & Disqualified' from the options in the 'Search ASIC registers' drop down menu located in the middle of the screen.
Information we provide for free includes:
- type of banning or disqualification
- date of commencement
- date of cessation (or whether it is permanent)
- a copy of the document banning or disqualification (relating to the credit industry only), and
- documents available for purchase.
You can purchase the disqualification or banning document (with the exception of a credit banning, which is provided for free).
This will provide further information regarding the person's disqualification or banning.
|Register of Disqualified Officers|
(Accessed from the ORIC website)
This register contains information about people who have been disqualified from managing corporations either by a court or by the Registrar. It also contains information about disqualified officers who have been granted leave to manage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations.
|Enforceable undertakings register|
You can find out whether the person has undertaken not to take part in the management of a corporation, or carry on a financial services business. This information will not appear on the banned registers.
|Glossary of Terms|
See our glossary for a definition of terms.
These can provide additional services for obtaining information on our public registers and may include information from sources other than ASIC.