Business name index
The Business Name Index (BNI) search allows you to see what information we hold about a particular business name.
You will be able to search the business names index by selecting the 'Search business names register' tab located on the ASIC connect homepage.
Free information includes:
- current business name details (name, date registered, status, cancellation under review, next renewal date and the regulator);
- former state and territory registration details;
- current address for service of documents;
- current principal place of business;
- business name holder name and type; and
- business representative names (debtor representatives and notified successor only)
The search will display the business name holder name and type. Examples of holder types are:
|If the holder type is...||ASIC Connect search will show...|
|Australian company||Body corporate|
|Trust||Other unincorporated entity|
|Association||Other unincorporated entity|
|Joint venture partnership||Joint venture|
You can purchase a current and/or historical extract.
Information brokers also provide additional services for obtaining information on our public registers and may include information from sources other than ASIC.